- Start Early. The earlier the better! You get the best booth location with the most foot traffic or even the most conveniently located meeting space. Take advantage of all the marketing and publicity that comes along with your booth and/or sponsorship package. Make sure to maximize the number of people you influence and interact with at the show.
- Pre-Schedule Meetings. Once you have most of the details started for your space at the trade show, get your sales, marketing, and PR teams together and self-promote that you will be at this specific trade show and you would like to set up time for face-to-face meetings. Make sure before scheduling those meetings, that you have the right people from your company attending the show, as well as, that you have allocated space within your booth/meeting room to host each of these meetings.
- Measure ROI. Map out your ROI strategy BEFORE you arrive on-site. Avoid methods that include bias and/or outliers. Have viable and trackable measures, such as collecting X number of new leads, or meeting with X number of new clients and existing clients. Make sure this data is collected and entered into your CRM accurately and labeled appropriately. When your sales cycle ends, enter the gross profit from this data into this ROI formula: ROI = (Gross Profit – Marketing Expenses) / Marketing Expenses
- (Marketing expenses include: booth/meeting space, all travel & housing costs, parties, transportation, swag, food/other.)
- If your ROI is positive, it is up to you to decide to participate again next year or not.
- Pass Out Swag That is Going to Catch Others’ Eyes. It is important choose your swag item(s) carefully. Think of items that your attendees/customers can’t or shouldn’t live without while walking around the show floor. Try to find items that are unique and that have other attendees asking “Hey! Where did you get that?!”
- Be Friendly. Make sure ALL of your booth staff puts on their friendly faces. It’s important for your trade show success to ask your staff to put their phones away and make a point to engage with the people around them.
Take the challenge! Let Innovate Marketing Group help guide you in all things trade show-related. Give us a call NOW to get your planning started early!
Photo Credit: Centrinity