Consider these tips to determine what type of virtual event experience you want for your next meeting or event.
According to Marketing Research Media, virtual events will grow from $14 billion in 2018 to $18 billion in 2023, with a steady increase of five percent annually. Virtual events are now the new normal and are an excellent way to further monetize an event. From conferences, educational, walk/run, galas, all can be transitioned to virtual.
Before you start, consider these best practices:
- Type of Virtual Event: To kick off your virtual experience make sure to consider what type of virtual event you want your attendees to have. Different types of virtual solutions: Webinars, live streaming, webcast, and virtual event.
- The Process:
- Strategy- Hold an authentic & engaging virtual space that meets your goals
- Facilitation- Ensure sessions are impactful with dynamic dialogue and smooth transitions
- Design & implementation- Develop & design the new digital experience using platforms and tools
- Purpose & Common Goal: Make sure to consider participants, speakers, sponsor, organization purpose and goals as you are planning the virtual event
- What is the focus or goal?
- Is it beneficial to go virtual?
- Consider contingency plans and changes.
- What is the best action steps to achieve your purpose?
- What is the guests’ journey?
- CONTENT is KING
- Engagement will keep your viewers
- Surprise and delight your viewers
- Prioritizing spending
- Who is your target audience?
- Adding a recognizable face can increased engagement
- Moderator, speaker, or presenter to help transition/set ground rules
- Skilled and equipped speakers to deliver content virtually
- Duration of the program
- Free/Social Platform (i.e. YouTube Live) vs. Fully Customized
- Most critical or beneficial topics