Working from home brings new obstacles in today’s new normal. When spending hours a day at a desk, the environment to the position of your computer, can greatly affect the way you work. Having a designated workspace that is comfortable and supportive increases productivity and helps keep you healthy. Innovate Marketing Group has gathered some essential workspace tips to make sure your at-home desk is ergonomic and increases workflow.
- Keep your computer monitor at eye level so your head does not tilt forward.
- Pull your shoulders back and keep your back flat against the chair.
- Rest your feet flat on the ground—no crossing ankles or legs.
- Keep items used daily within reach, pens notebooks, etc.
- Keep personal desk decorations to a minimum. The fewer distractions the better!
- Store extra work supplies off your desk. Make use of your desk drawers.
Avoid eye strain, stress, and fatigue by avoiding artificial light. The best light is natural light.
- Set up your at-home workspace near a window or a room that gets a lot of direct sunlight.
- If you are unable to find the ideal natural light workspace position, find lightbulbs that mimic natural daylight.
Houseplants have been known to increase productivity and help boost happy hormones (dopamine and serotonin). They also help produce oxygen and improve indoor air quality. Here are some low maintenance houseplants that will help spark creativity and increase productivity.