- Build a followers base and conversation prior to the event.
- Make sure you advertise your Twitter handle and hashtag all around your event.
- Designate a Twitter moderator.
- Prepare topics and questions to keep the discussion going throughout the event. Reporting the events activities is not going to keep an audience.
- Be careful to not use all of your content in the beginning of the event.
- Don’t be scared to think outside of the box, you want to grab people’s attention.
- Include hashtags of other groups if you see fit, this can capture new audiences.
- Raffle off big prizes as an incentive to Tweet about your event.