When planning a virtual event there are a few steps that need to be taken to ensure your event is a success.
Firstly, is the process. What is the process of creating and running an engaging and exciting virtual event? The top 3 aspects to look for are:
- Strategy – Learn how to hold an authentic and engaging virtual space.
- Facilitation – The need for dynamic dialogue and smooth transitions.
- Design & Implementation – Explore platforms and tools to develop and design the new digital experience.
The next step is figuring out what you should consider when planning a virtual event. The top four aspects to look for are:
- Priorities –
- What is the focus or goal?
- Is it beneficial to go virtual?
- Consider contingency plans and changes.
- Planning –
- What is the guest’s journey?
- Content is king!
- Engagement will keep your viewers.
- People –
- Who is the target audience?
- Adding a recognizable face can increase engagement.
- Moderator needed to help transition ground rules.
- Program –
- Duration of the program.
- Free/social platform vs. Fully customized.
- Most critical or beneficial topics.
Remember to ask your self, What is the focus? What is the guest’s Journey? and who is our target audience?